cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband issues for two years in the sticks

Hoping for a BT moderator to step in please. I don't wish to discuss this on the telephone, as even my limited technical understanding tells me that action not words are needed.

Second BT account now. First was routed incorrectly. Half a dozen engineer visits to date. Latest (KBT? K...? Test conducted by BT showed multiple faults on the line. Engineer failed to show up to appointment or contact me. Previous complaint to Ofcom was in BT's favour. Seriously considering small claims route now when I have time to process. 

Property was previously a water company building. It has been suggested that line was originally only set up for data (alarm) and not calls. An Openreach engineer said that this may be causing issues.

telephone is clear now that I have a decent quality BT approved phone. Broadband ranges from extremely poor to not working, except one time only when I could FaceTime from outside.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband issues for two years in the sticks

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Bear in mind that its Openreach that maintain the external network, for nearly all providers.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you, Keith.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Liam12340 Sorry that you are still having issues with your broadband connection. Please can you send us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I had a text message today suggesting that someone would call me, but no call.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Liam12340,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with Stu today. He will do everything he can to help you.

Have a good evening.

DanielS

0 Ratings