cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Broadband issues

Why oh why. An engineer was due to call last Wednesday but on Sunday my BB came back to life. Better than first installed, 0.9mbps. So, I cancelled the engineer and this week it's back to 0.2 and continually cuts in and out, blue/orange lights. This is not just me but also the neighbours either side and everytime one or the other has their issue resolved, the other 2 start to have issues.

I really cant believe at £30 pm to receive BB as I don't need phone (but have to have it), I can't get the speed at 1Mbps as stated. If I could end this contract I'd be over the moon because right now, 4 months in, I get pratical zip and that's not value for money.

Can someone please help in some way as I feel I'm on a merry go round evertime I call BT for assistance. Same thing over and over again, turn off, turn on, do this, do that and so on from faults.

Help..

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Broadband issues

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using test socket or somewhere else?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number #### on Exchange WRAGBY is served by Cabinet 1

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Okay thanks. I will do this when home later and post back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

No phone at home so unable to do the line test 17070. Only use for broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

you really need to do the quiet line test as any noise on a voice line will affect broadband performance and stability
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Okay, will try and get hold of someone's phone to test.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

you can get a basic cored phone for a few pounds
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Good morning,

Finally had the opportunity to carry out the tests and info required.

03:59:33, 12 Jun.(20408.310000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 4.10 dB downstream
03:59:33, 12 Jun.(20408.250000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 448 Kbps downstream

The line noise, silent but then the occasional crackle in and out.

Thanks

0 Ratings