cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 131

Re: Broadband keeps dropping Help please :)

banded profile happens when your line has had quite a few drops/resets in conenction in a short space of time and is done by the exchnage to try and stabilise your connection.  if your line stays syable and connected for 3+ days the banding is released and your speed is returned.  sometimes the mods are reuired to assist getting the banding released

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 82 of 131

Ok, well so what could it be if its not a branded profile do you think? i just dont understand the fact i was when this thread started at a similar connection to 6652 but it went up to 1100+ and then suddenly dropped right back down even though it was still plugged into the test socket.

oh so the answer to that above is basically the connection was still getting those cut ofs regularly it decided to put a branded profile on the connection but as u guys said the noise would higher so i dont really follow what could be happening 😛

Did a quiet line test heard nothing as well... think i should try a new hub? ive had mine for a fairly long time like 3-4 years

btw im still connected to the test socket adsl settings are like so:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:54:19
Downstream6,652 Kbps
Upstream1,160 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)11.1 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)36.0 dB / 18.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)22
Loss of Signal (Local)3
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)44739337 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)37
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 131

I would just leave it just now until the mods have contacted you with assistance.  you never know if it is the hub you will probably get a new HH3 free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 84 of 131

Ok 🙂 il keep u posted with any updates the mods give dude

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 85 of 131

I know the mods are busy with a small backlog but hang in there they will contact you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 86 of 131

So my internet was up for close to 3 days it feel 2 hours short, the mods are hopefully going to contact me today again as ofc they had the weekend off,

here are my adsl settings now there are some improvements i think,

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:58:54
Downstream7,456 Kbps
Upstream1,155 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)14.5 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)35.5 dB / 18.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)34
Loss of Signal (Local)4
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)4912543 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)170
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 131

you are no longer in the banded profile which was probably the last reset.  not need to hold conenction and then contact the mods to get noise margin reset to 6db and then speed will increase

0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 88 of 131

So how long should i wait till i ask to get the noise reset 3 days?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 131

yes the usual 3days to show connection stable but may change on it's own before that

0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 90 of 131

Cool well il keep track of it and if anything changes il keep u guys posted

0 Ratings