cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 131

Re: Broadband keeps dropping Help please :)

ok starting to look better now just a matter of getting the 3 days and then get the mods to reduce your noise margin as imjolly has posted
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 92 of 131

Hey guys well i dunno how long had past but basiically i think it was roughly 1 day and 2 hours probsand the connection reset this is what it look like from the adsl settings a mod still hasnt got back to me after i sent one out on thursday so i suspect there really busy.....

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 2:22:49
Downstream7,604 Kbps
Upstream1,176 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)13.5 dB / 5.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)35.0 dB / 18.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)58
Loss of Signal (Local)9
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)11944834 / 4294967232
CRC Errors (Down/Up)4 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)209

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 131

they can at the moment be 3/5 WORKING DAYS before they reply please remember there has been the weekend +the two day public holiday which will have slowed them down as well as a backlog of mails in the queue
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 131

at least you are not back in a banded profile but the drops in connection, as you are having problems getting 3+days, were probably the reason your were in the banded profile originally.  really need to find the cause of the drops in conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 131

john46 I don't think there is any point in resetting the noise margin if cannot maintain the conenction.  probably the reason for banded profile in first place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 96 of 131

imj my reply was to the delay time waiting for the mods to reply not resetting a noise margin
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 131

john46 I realised that but the reason the wait for the mods is to reset the noise margin

0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 98 of 131

I have checked at the time of the drops and nothing electriical is causing the issue, maybe it could be the hub? il wait till tomz to see if the connection stays stable then il try to contact the mod again i really hope it stays stable tonight i have a really important raid on wow 😕

Looking at the Adsl settings the connection seems alright i mean the noise margin is a lil bit better than yesterday right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 131

high noise margin is still the problem but as I have said if your line keeps dropping then after you reset the noise margin and it keeps dropping then you will be back with a high noise margin lower speed and if it continues then back in a banded profile

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 131

ok yes i have now spotted that going back over the post i agree a noise margin reduction may indeed cause further problems best leave it a while and see how the connection behaves
0 Ratings