cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 121 of 131

Re: Broadband keeps dropping Help please :)

Hey guys ive noticed a pattern it always seems to cut and improve around 10-10:30 in the morning it just did it again and it came back up with these settings

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:00:32
Downstream11,054 Kbps
Upstream1,156 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)7.0 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)35.5 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)126
Loss of Signal (Local)15
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)74891 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)1178
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 122 of 131

It is probably the time that the exchange is making the adjustments to your connection, which is slowly improving.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 123 of 131

just keeps getting better and noise margin falling all the time and getting nearer 6db.  I would just leave it and see if it drop again nearer the 6 or maybe even lower - mine runs at 2.5/3db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 124 of 131

Cool il leave it and get back to you jolly 🙂 i said to the mod il just play it by ear and see what happens if any problems arise il be back on complaining 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 125 of 131

just a matter of waiting now looking much better though
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 126 of 131

Hey guys just wanted to update this thread on my situation ever since the last message the connection has been amazing recently though in the last 36 hours ive had issues were my internet would drop out every 10-20 seconds meaning i couldnt even access the internet, so i resorted to calling BT and they said its external, they checked and then said it was to do with my exchange im still plugged into the test socket, i have no idea if it could be the Hub or maybe the filter i dont really know.

I have a slight feeling that it could be interferance but i dont 100% know, we had some building work start on are estate and they have been around for what 4-5 days i had been disconnecting more over the last few days but only like once or twice on the first few days, but as i said last 36 hours it was constant but yesterday evening after agreeing for a engineer visit the connection came back and had been up for around 11 hours till a moment ago when it cut out again i checked around and the builders arent working on are side of the estate today so i dont know if that rules out interferance from them. 

Here is my Adsl settings to see if there is anything ab normal in there you can see.

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:22:51
Downstream10,343 Kbps
Upstream1,172 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.1 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)36.0 dB / 18.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)11
Loss of Signal (Local)1
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)2799654 / 4294967293
CRC Errors (Down/Up)16 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)423

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 127 of 131

there is nothing really you can do as you have called an engineer out did you check for any noise on the phone line using the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 did you also try the test socket and see if the problem stops ?
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 128 of 131

tried quiet line nothing there, and also its been connected to the test socket for awhile now.

the problem still persits i did all the checks from that last time i had any issues the only thing i can see is when it drops and the connection comes back the error seconds (local) is around 400-420 straight away even whens it only been up for around 11 seconds so.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 129 of 131

ok just hope the engineer finds the problem for you this time
0 Ratings
Miamii101
Contributor
Message 130 of 131

thanks dude 🙂 i think it could be the hub but ive got no proof to say that so will be interesting to see what he puts it down to 🙂

0 Ratings