Any thoughts would be appreciated and I am not technical so will try best -
1. Only myself using Laptop and have copper wire broadband and am used to slow speed. That is what we have in village so I accept that.
2. So used to slow but since mid June - broadband will stop! I can be online for about 30 mins and then slow to stop. Re-start and will be OK again sometimes. Why?
3. BT have been and changed 35 year old master socket, detected small fault on line and changed over to a spare line.
4. Still same problem and they sent out a new Hub3. I reported same issues and out came - another - Open Reach engineer who said I do not need a filter on my phone line in kitchen =- so took that off. (Made no difference.)
5. Both engineers said it would be a broadband engineer to check line.
6. Phoned BT again and tried to be helpful and said if when my connecion stops and all lights are on the problem is within the house. She said it was an environemental problem. I said I found that difficult to accept as nothing has changed in my home. (TV the same, no other appliances, etc, etc - same curtains!!!
She said I could purchase a Hub4 - I said I didn't want to pay for anything - if nothing had changed why wasn't my broadband. I said it is doing it ALL the time I use the laptop and in the end it makes me feel like forgetting broadband BUT I know if Have had it for years! (My son came with his laptop - just in case it was mine and we had them both on. His stopped at the same time as mine.)
7. So yesterday she agreed to send me out a HUB4 for free but that is all they can do to help.
So I just wondered if anyone else had this type of issue and solved it. I do not undertsand why I can re-start and it will be back up and running for awhile.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Note: Thought when posting this - signal dropping again very slow and had to restart to stop swirling. Just started to pour with rain and that has sped it up again!!!
are you using wifi when this problem happens? does it happen when conencted to hub with ethernet cable?
if just wireless problem have you tried changing the wireless channel to say 13
1. Yes - it will happen with both and I have tested speed using both and same result.
2. BT had me change to Channel 11.
3. Hub 4 was supposed to arrive today. Guess what the post has come and I now have another Hub 3! So had to wait ages to call back again to BT and manage to get my 'issue' across and of course when you are cross it just about finishes you off when they say 'Is there anything else I can help you with today?' Not there fault I know but .....................
Why do you think if I resart it can get me back on for awhile?
did you try a factory reset by holding recessed button on back ubtil lights flash or did you just press reset button?
I would move from channel 11 to 13 as it will be less congested
I have just held the reset button until I saw all lights flash.
(I have even turned off hub and waited for 5 mins and turned back on during this trying anything period.)
I will now try Channel 13 - thank you. Phew got to try and remeber how i got to that now.
just turning hub off and waiting 5min does not really do anything which might help whereas the factory reset may well help solve the problem post back when you can
Hub 4 - has arrived.
Set it all up this evening and will monitor 'performance' it will be such a relief if this helps. Can I ask two questions -
1. I did go iinto settings to see if I change to Channel 13 but it seems HUB4 doesn't recommend it - or did I understand this incorrectly?
2. When the second engineer came he asked where was our other phoned plugged in. I said in kitchen and he took the ADSL? filter off saying you don't need this. Is that right?
If you have a SSFP socket then you don't need to use filters in other sockets
With your new hh4 I would
have you turned of smart setup
have you split the networks
You new to turn off auto channel select which will then let you select the channel you want