cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband line reset chat assistant tell me lies

I spoke to two chat assistants Abhishek and SANDEEP, both were not very helpful.Both of them said my broadaband line was reseted 5 days ago.If this was true then my homehub would be automatically reseted and the adsl line status page would reset the connection time.This did not happen.

When i spoke to karen a week before christmas, she reseted my broadband line and my homehub was automatically reseted too.

My current max speed is now at 11..51mbps.I can get 13.50mbps if my downstream is above 15,000Kbps.That why i want a line reset.

My BT faceplate has two sockets,one for telephone and the other for broadband.No need for external broadband filters as it built in the faceplate.Homehub is placed next to the main bt socket.

ADSL line status

Connection Information

Line state Connected
Connection time 18 days, 01:42:53
Downstream 14,220 Kbps
Upstream 1,123 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up) 7.9 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 27.6 dB / 14.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 23.8 dBm / 1.7 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 45146 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up) 305946 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote) 23063 / 0

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband line reset chat assistant tell me lies

you have a 14mb connection speed and as on adsl2+ your profile will be 88.2% of connection speed

you have a stable connection from your stats but noise margin slightly higher than normal.  try conracting te mods and get noise margin reset to 6 which may give the small speed increase you are looking for  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband line reset chat assistant tell me lies

As imjolly has posted you will get 88.2% of your connection speed for your IP profile which will give you approx 12552k your IP profile changes immediately with any change of connection speed either up or down
0 Ratings