cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: Broadband line speed dropped massively overnight - BT not inspiring confidence

Go to solution
they are quiet busy but they will contact you personally and get interleaving turned on they are far better than the help line also weekend do not count in the time period
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 28

Re: Broadband line speed dropped massively overnight - BT not inspiring confidence

Go to solution
Hi 23rd was the date given over the phone by BT rep! Anyway, the BT website shows my reset phone line order will be 'delivered' by Wed midnight and broadband by Thur midnight - so better then estimated! About 5 min after the call, my connection dropped and resynced several times. I now have 15mb sync, 13mb IP profile and 12-13mb download speed with a SNR of ~6.5-7. Not quite as good as before, but we'll see. Not sure as to CRC level as I'm using the Belkin router. The HomeHub seemed to disagree with my wireless adaptor for some reason and the connection kept dropping ( HH to adaptor, not HH to net according to router stats). Will see what it does for a few days! Thanks for your suggestions/help John46.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution
your connection speed will drop slightly once interleaving is turned on due to the added overheads interleaving adds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution
Well, reset happened at somepoint during the day as order disappeared from system - didn't work - still loads of CRC errors and constant error seconds. path is also on fast. Called BT again at 5, they did a full line test and this time there is a fault :). Not sure what happened to the 'upgrading the exchange' explanation. Anyway was promised BT openreach would fix within 48 hrs and would call me shortly to arrange time for visit, nothing yet (now 7) but it is after office hours. I'm to leave router on to keep line active for tests.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution
you would better waiting for the mod team to contact you as you are getting nowhere with the help line
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution
Still waiting on reply from mods. Didn't get call from openreach as promised so chased again. This time I got passed to tier 2 support. Didn't seem to be any evidence of line fault being passed to openreach after yesterdays call as case was marked as resolved (again!). Queried about what the fault yesterdays guy had found actually was but didn't get an answer. But he took full ownership of my case, is getting BT wholesale to run another SNR reset which would take effect by midnight and promised a call back tomorrow morning to see if thats worked. I'll stay openminded on the chances of this. I'm really disappointed with how BT are handling this, I don't mind waiting or even paying for a fix- but the disconnect between what I'm told is happening and what actually happens is very poor and not what I'd expect. The simple fact that the router is reporting constant errors and error seconds at an SNR double what it was before the fault started should be evidence enough that there is an actual physical problem somewhere.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

there is nothing  wrong with your SNR 

you need inter leaving turning on if you would please post you current  hubstats  so  we can see if interleaving is now on 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution
I know that and you know that, but I'm having difficulties conveying that information to those with the power to fix it. I've mentioned interleaving to everyone I've spoken to but it hasn't registered yet! I'm at work at the moment, but when I checked this am it was still fast path. Will check again tomorrow am after the (3rd) reset is due to have happened - the tier 2 guy did mention that a 'BT wholesale expert' would help him with the process and he said he was noting down the error stats I gave him for the expert to look at. - who knows?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution
my advice for now is wait for the mods and forget the help line they are just confusing things in this case
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Re: Broadband line throughput dropped massively overnight - wiring?

Go to solution
Ok, are they usually pretty good with the 3 working days thing?. Its being 4 since my first message to them
0 Ratings