Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Broadband noise/ drop out/ speed issues

Go to solution

my last comment on your problem on this thread is that you said that your line was now in training after the engineer visit so you should leave it connected and let the automatic system find best possible stable connection for your line.  This will mean resets maybe often during the 10 day training

if after that period you are abck to the original speed and noise margin then try mods again

gone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MPR
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Broadband resetting during training

Go to solution

OK thanks Mr Jolly you're feeling like a **bleep** of light in this evening's particular darkness. Are you saying that I could experience re-sets during training? If so that might explain all the resets (drop outs to me) I had after the previous engineer visit also.

Please confirm.

Thanks dude.

PS - here are results after the second reset this evening, about 5:45pm. Downstream line speed dropping. Note I had to reset the hub myself to get back on the internet.

Just noticed. OWWWCCCH. Download 31Kbps?!!! Surely that can't be right?!!! Will re-test later this evening when my hour is up...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 31 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3328 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 0 days, 00:37:44 Downstream: 3.25 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.6 dB / 20.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 50.8 dB / 31.0 dB Output power (Down/Up): 19.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 629899 / 17 CRC Events (Down/Up): 54417 / 20

0 Ratings
MPR
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Re: Broadband resetting during training

Go to solution

Do you know what got *bleeped* out in that last post?

C as in charlie h as in hotel i as in india n as in november k as in kilo.

Ridiculous!  Some over-zealous software there.

0 Ratings
MPR
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Broadband slow beyond the point of ridiculous

Go to solution

This is abso-*bleeping* ridiculous

My broadband is so slow I can't even get a speed tester to load now

Makes me nostalgic for the days of dial up

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
MPR
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Less than dial up speeds at broadband prices - 6Kbps!!!

Go to solution
This is ridiculous. I'm giving up. It has taken me 1/2 hour to get a speed test to run. And this is the reward. Is this a record for the forum? Download speedachieved during the test was - 6 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3328 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 0 days, 02:56:37 Downstream: 3.25 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.4 dB / 20.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 50.8 dB / 31.0 dB Output power (Down/Up): 19.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 3711194 / 105 CRC Events (Down/Up): 352464 / 107
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MPR
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Broadband speeds low during training - also drop outs

Go to solution

Mods have emailed me explaining that hub will reset and speed will drop during line training (= over the 10 days after yesterday's engineer visit).

Thanks for the explanation guys - I was panicking there (thinking that maybe the engineer had wired my line into the cabinet with a rusty nail).

All explained for the moment - thank you.  Guess I will just have to wait the 10 days and see what happens.

Thanks

PS - may be helpful if an enthusiatic person lists something on the forum to explain to ignoramuses like me what is likely to happen after an engineer visit and your line is going through training.  Or maybe it's already on here and I just missed it.  When you've been having broadband problems and you've had someone working on it for you, it comes as a bit of shock when speed drops almost to zero!

PPS - settings below show line is coming right.  Thanks again guys.  Apologies for doubting you (and all the evil things I thought and said about BT - you really are great guys)...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1601 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3648 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1750 Kbps

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 14:22:29
Downstream:3.563 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):8.1 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):50.8 dB / 31.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):10773369 / 861
CRC Events (Down/Up):534421 / 892

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Re: Broadband speeds low during training - also drop outs

Go to solution

looking betterSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MPR
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Re: Broadband speeds low during training - also drop outs

Go to solution

Thanks for your help and suggestions over all the issues I have been having

You really are a sage/ Yoda-equivalent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19
Moved: