cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Broadband not activated - 2 weeks late

Ordered phone, broadband, TV, BT Sport and Netflix from BT as part of moving to a new house. I was advised that the broadband, TV and phone lines would be activated on the 11th of October any time up til midnight.

11th rolled around and I got a text to say the phone line was activated, but nothing on the broadband. I waited til the next day, but still nothing. I would have expected to hear form BT if there was any issue with the new service as part of basic customer service, but didn't hear anything.

Got in touch with BT via the live chat and was told they'd spoken to the suppliers and there was a technical glitch in the order, so they have escalated to the team to sort out the issue. I was promised that the live chat assistant would keep an eye on the issue and that the suppliers promised it would be ready by the 17th. I was also told I'd receive a call back to confirm that services were working on the 18th.

On the 18th, broadband still wasn't working and I didn't receive any calls from BT. Got back in touch with the help team and spoke to a different person, who then informed me that she would take ownership and escalate the issue (again) and promised that it would be online in the next 48 hours and I'd receive a call to confirm.

20th (today), still nothing working. No call from BT. Getting pretty annoyed at this point. Go back to the help team and get transferred to three different people again. Apparently there are two different systems and the details are only correct for one of them (on the MyBT page of the web app it says I have no broadband linked to my BT account, even though my bill on the same site lists a charge for broadband). Apparently these need to be reset by the technical team and the whole process restarted, so the line will be active by Monday (24th). Again told I'd get a call back.

Has anyone else had issues similar to this, and if so how were they resolved? Going through the BT live chat help seems to lead nowhere and just ends up in promises being made that aren't delivered.

I'm frankly astonished that such a big company has such poor communication and processes. No one has taken any ownership of the issue despite multiple people reassuring me that they would. Very unimpressed so far.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband not activated - 2 weeks late

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Is your BT Retail phone line working? If so, can you do the following.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

See if the cabinet shows available, or waiting list.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith

Results below

Exchange STEPNEY GREEN is served by Cabinet 2

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)77.7602017--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)58.532.417.97.7--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 12--7 to 16Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 12Up to 17 to 16Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 8Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available----
Fixed Rate2----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

Hope that helps

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @mdigs150 Sorry about the delay with your broadband order.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Thanks John
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I am going through exactly the same. My activation is late by one day but i can see the same happening to me. I had a bad feeling from the start to sign up to BT. The forums everywhere say how bad they are to sort out problems. I thought i would give it a go, but regretting it already.

My phone line and broadband was supposed to be activated on the 19th october. The phone has been working a week before that date. On the 19th got a few messages all happy and jubilly... you phone line is up and running. Ye, i know that. Broadband nothing. Activation date passed but nothing.

Contacted BT chat service, was told suppliers (guess openreach) would deal with problem within 24 hours. Ok, 24 hours still not passed, but doubt that at this time of the evening there will be anyone doing work at the exchange.

On top of that, just seen on the BT app that there is a fault reported for the phone line, Errr, no, that one is working fine...

I can imagine this is going to be a rollercoaster. Broadband is one of life's essentials nowadays, and it was all planned for disconnecting my virgin broadband after BT activation. Now i am stuck. Thanks, BT

0 Ratings