cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkWraith
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Broadband not activated

Wonder if anyone knows what is going on with this. My phone line and broadband were supposed to be activated yesterday. My phone line eventually started working at 00:30 this morning but the broadband is still dead. With my home hub V2.0 b plugged in there is just no broadband light at all, not red, flashing, just nothing at all.

I have tried all six sockets in my flat (none of which are a master socket as far as I can tell but that is definitely all of them as I confirmed with the landlord that there are supposed to be six sockets).

When I rang BT they said there was no fault on the line that they could detect.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband not activated

try online chat 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

HI all you can do is wait for the fault to be cleared  you could also try live chat as suggested 

0 Ratings
MarkWraith
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Is there any way to contact bt staff directly on here? I really cannot afford to wait around as rely on Internet connection for job and am extremely **bleep** off already
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

did you try the online help as that is BT employees.

only other way on the forum is contacting the mods but that can take 3+ days before mods get back to you. 

contact mods

can take up to 3+ working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MarkWraith
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Engineer coming out on Monday after tech support failed to help. Tbh I don't believe they have even turned the broadband on at all as the broadband light is off on the home hub in every socket and with three Adsl filters
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

if no luck then contact the mods as suggested they will get things resolved
0 Ratings
MarkWraith
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Already did when I made my OP but no response yet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

the mods do have a slight backlog at the moment so it may be a little longer than normal
0 Ratings