Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 11 of 18

Re: Broadband on 2 lines

Hi tetraforce, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help with this. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Thanks Olga

I've responded so will wait to what happens next.

Tetra

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

This is turning into an absolute nightmare. I've had numerous calls/e-mails from the community forums and they have been brilliant.

However it's all now gone pear shaped. The accounts have been separated courtesy of the forum staff so I now have 2 accounts and 2 lines which is what we need to add BB to the second line. Beforehand I had 1 account with 2 lines.

But, I have now had a bill with a £50 charge for adding a second line. This is not the case as all that I've had done is separate 2 lines from 1 account to their own accounts. I’ve had 2 lines for about the past 15 years.      

I have been on the phone for ages & ages to the Indian call centres but they just don't get it and insist that I owe this £50. They have even said that the e-mails & calls that I have had from the forum team must be scam calls & e-mails! I've even offered to send the e-mails to them but they still won't accept what I'm saying.

I had even asked before I did any of this if there were any charges involved and was categorically told NO there were no charges as it was a paperwork exercise.

I have told the Indian call centre under no circumstances will I be paying the £50. The whole reason for doing this in the first place was to have all our services from BT. In fact I intended to add BB to the second line.

I will now leave BT I guess and look for another provider unless anyone on here can suggest a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Re: Complaint - Incompetence

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

About 8 weeks ago I contacted BT through the usual phone number. We currently have 1 BT account but 2 phone lines.

We have BT broadband on 1 line and Virgin broadband on the other. As Virgin are giving up their national broadband we decided that the best solution was to have both broadband services with BT.

When we called we were told that to do so we would first have to separate the 2 lines onto 2 separate accounts. I was told this could be done quite simply and at no cost as it did not involve anything major.

A long saga followed and I received excellent help from the mods on here. The lines have now been separated.

Now the most appalling customer service I have ever received commenced.

I have received the first bill for the new account. We had asked for whole month direct debit billing as we had previously had. No, they have sent a quarterly bill.

They have also added a £50 charge for separating the accounts. We asked about cost and were told there was none. We were never quoted this £50.

On receipt of the bill I called customer service and was told that all the communications we had previously received from BT forum mods must have been scam calls!!!

I have names & e-mails but they still say that we would have been told about the £50 charge, we never were. We would never have gone ahead had we been made aware.

Please can someone from BT sort this mess out for us. Customer service are completely useless and are just about calling me a liar.

I am happy to pay the quarterly line rental but not the £50 as we were told there was no charge and were never quoted a charge. You cannot charge a customer a fee at random without informing them first.

I am now reluctant to order broadband for this second line as I am very concerned that I will have more charges added to my bill.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 18

Hi tetraforce,

I'm really sorry about this. I've moved your post to keep everything in the one place, I can see your case handler is not in the office at the moment but I'm sure we can sort this for you and one of the Mod team will be in touch.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

BT, the utter incompetence continues!

I have now had a bill and it is nothing like correct. I have therefore cancelled my direct debit and will not pay until this fiasco is sorted out, failing that I will leave BT as they have broken their contract with me and move to another ISP.

I have been told that I can have anytime calls and unlimited broadband at a discounted price for 12 months, I have this in an e-mail from you. The new bill had not done this and is charging me the full price.

I have also paid 3 months line rental in advance but now you are charging me again but this time for Line Rental Plus, whatever that is. It is £2 a month more than standard line rental and I have not asked or agreed to it.

My anytime calls package is live but am still being charged for calls.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

BT are utterly useless. Sort it out or I'm taking my business elsewhere!

From a very disgruntled customer!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 18

Hi tetraforce,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry this hasn't been sorted yet. I've dropped your case handler a note and he'll be back in touch tomorrow.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Here we go again!

Spoke to the person dealing with this case on Monday and he assures me that the problems should now be sorted. Various credits etc applied to my account. I agreed with him that I would not make a payment in June but would wait for the credits to be applied to the account and pay together with July bill next month when it arrives.

Great that'll be fine.

Haha, how wrong can you be! Late yesterday afternoon I received a call from someone in a foreign call centre from BT billing telling me that if I don't pay June bill my account will be closed! I explained about the discussion I had with you guys the day before but she would not listen.

If I get cut off that will be it , I will definitely move to someone else and pay BT nothing further at all. The people at BT Care seem genuinely concerned with customer problems but the rest of BT don't appear to give a **bleep**. There is certainly a communication problem within BT between various departments.

BT Care are doing their utmost to keep me happy & solve the problem but the rest of BT just don't care about their customers at all.

Please advise me how to make an official complaint to BT regarding this whole saga. I will also if necessary take it to Watchdog and Ofcom.

I will however point out again that the service from BT Care has been fine.

0 Ratings