cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Broadband order / query / contacting OpenReach

A week ago I ordered BT Broadband at a new address, and I've received various emails from Openreach, saying that I will be contacted in 3 days. Every 3 days it's a repeat email message.

There is no way that I can figure of contacting BT to take this matter further, and to see if I can help with any queries.

There is a Customer Help Line with voice recognition. Answering the robot's questions correctly just puts me into an endless circle asking the same questions about 'what I am 'phoning for'. To get anywhere I need the proposed 'phone number. Getting this number is one of my queries.

Somehow the robot knows who I am as at the of the call I'm asked to fill in satisfaction surveys, both verbal and online.

Catch 22

Has anyone succeeded in making contact with Openreach by email?

I'd appreciate advice.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband order / query / contacting OpenReach

try this https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I can't see that link is relevant to my query.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

that is the only way to contact Openreach
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks.

If true, I find that truely bizarre that someone can sell a product, and their customer, to make contact regarding progress of their order, has to fill in an anonymous online survey about the availability of broadband in their area. There's no clue to who will receive the information on the form, so there's also a data protection issue.

There's no question about availability, it exists in a neighbouring property.

I just need to know what progress is being made.

Apologies, I don't want to shoot the messenger, but it's baffling.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the point is you are not an openreach customer but a BT retail customer who in turn are an openreach customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings