cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Broadband order woes...

Go to solution

I initially ordered BT infinity 2 broadband plus phone service at the beginning of January with a startup date of the 21st of that month. A couple of days beforehand I checked on the status of the order and found that it had been cancelled. I rang customer services and after a while got it out of them that it was not possible to order both phone and broadband if BT did not own the current phone line. After much cajoling from me I managed to get a note placed on my acount for them to automatically schedule a broadband activation date when my phone service had been established. This morning I checked my acount and found that a date has been set for the 16th of February - two weeks away - in the meantime my household is stuck with a medicore BT Wifi connection which signs us out every hour or so and basic freeview. Too add insult to injury we have taken delivery of three home hub packages over the course of a week. I am not happy with this level of service as I went out of my way to schedule a change over of service providers well in advance of the end of my contract. Yet here I still sit cut off and leeching someone elses bandwidth over a month since I first placed my order faceing a further fortnight of waiting. Why they couldn't have booked a broadband activation date when I first ordered my phone line I'll never know.

Not a good start BT...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband order woes...

Go to solution
Moderators help requested
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi SlyQUK,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

To add futher insult to further injury I've just had an email saying my activation date has been moved to the 17th of February now...

BT open reach are not doing you proud at all guys.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Take up PaddyB's offer of help they should be able to find the delay
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @SlyQUK,

I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you. The delay was down to capacity issues but once that was sorted I got the credits etc applied to the account. Post back if you have any problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings