Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Broadband out in Grange-Over-Sands Area

Go to solution

it would help if you could post the stats from your router just in case there is anything obvious which someone may be able to help with and it will be a record of the problem if you need mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution
DSL Connection 

Link Information

Uptime:0 days, 1:57:23
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 3,776
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:305.17 / 28.37
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.0 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:17.5 / 31.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:21.0 / 13.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):5 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 1,955
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 403
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 39
Line Profile:Interleaved
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

your connection time is <2hrs suggesting another recent reset - was  that the hub resetting or was it a manual reset?  as you said with your attenuation you would expect a connection of 7mb but due to the previous resets your noise margin is high at 13.5 as normal is about 6

if you could run btspeedtester that will show if the resets have dropped your profile lower than the correct figure for your current speed which is 3000

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

The time wasn't <2 hours.

I posted the message before I went out just before 7pm.   I got back nearly 2 hours later and found that the message wasn't posted due to HTML embedded in the message.  So it converted the HTML and wanted me to post it again.   Thats the reason for it showing <2 hours instead of 4 hours.

As of 22:27pm

Downstream3,776 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
Connection time0 days, 5:34:42
Data transmitted919.62 MB
Data received88.54 MB

If your wondering why my data transmitted if huge its because I've been trying to upload a load of BMX Racing Videos to Youtube.  Only another 2GB to go 😞

I dont want to mess with Speedtester yet but I'll give it a go as soon as I've uploaded all the videos.     I need to get the videos uploaded because people are wanting to see them and are giving me grief because they aren't up yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

I have been uploading for the last 24 hours.

I went to check on it and YouTube Uploader crashed out and it had stopped uploading the individual videos.

I checked the connection speed and it stated 760Kbps (it was 2Mbps for the last 20+ hours)

And while I was watching the  Hub lost connection and reconnected at least 5 times and the connection speed varied between 160Kbps and 760Kbps.   Eventually it reconnected at 1760Kbps.

I performed the SpeedTester test and these are the results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 109 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1760 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

And here are the Hub Details

DSL Connection 

Link Information

Uptime:0 days, 0:08:56
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 1,760
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/MB]:856.00 / 2.24
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.0 / 18.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:21.0 / 35.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:18.0 / 15.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):4 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):5 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 8
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
Line Profile:Interleaved

I'm not happy.  It takes forever to view webpages with any pictures.

I'm paying £28 for this service and its performing like a dinosaur

WTF is going on?

Is this just happening to me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution
Hi due to the high number of disconnections the exchange equipment has seen your line as unstable and he's raised your noise margin from the default 6 to 15 this wil affect your connection speed also in an attempt to stabilise your connection it has reduced your ip profile which inturn has lowered your download speed you need now to leave your hub connected and powered upwith no restarts or disconnections for the next 3/5 days to allow your line to be seen as stable and it will then rise automatically
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

The trouble is it is now connected at 172kbps.

In the last hour it has disconnected/reconnected 3 times.   It will never get to 3/5 days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Contact the mods again, you can do that by following this link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 your connections got to that point where it needs some real attention.  I'm suprised they haven't replied by now?

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

I sent them another message this morning after it kept losing connection and connected at 172kbps

I haven't heard anything from the mods either through email or anything during this whole mess.

I dont understand how it connected at 2Mbps and lasted for around 18-20 hours without losing connection.  Then just disconnect/reconnect last night at around 1.2Mbps and then a couple of hours later start connecting/reconnecting (at least 5 times) while I was watching it and then do the same this morning.

If it managed to uploaded 20 or so HD videos to Youtube in that 18-20 hour period  without any problems (except a slower than normal connection speed) with no dropouts then why is it doing it again.

Faulty Master Plate?    Faulty Hub?   What?

Everything had worked perfectly at around 7Mbps for the last 2-3 years and I haven't changed anything.

It seems weird that a neighbour noticed slower than usual connection speeds (he's not with BT) the day before mine stopped working correctly.

The internet at the moment is worse than a 56k modem.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution
The only way to tell whether its a faulty hub is to try with another one if you have any spare? Its always good to keep at least 1 router spare just to test with or incase the other one does go faulty.
0 Ratings