Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Broadband out in Grange-Over-Sands Area

Go to solution
Hi the mods can take up to 72 hours to reply sometimes a little longer if they get a backlogof posts
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

I got home from work at 5:15pm tonight.

The Hub was not connected and wouldn't reconnect.

I got my old white Hub out of storage and connected it up and connected straight away.

Then for the last 25-30 mins its been having a major tweak out and has disconnect/reconnected a dozen times.............but it has now connected at 5,888kbps.   It has slowly been improving in speed.

I phoned my mum at around 5:30pm  (after old hub connected but still at 2Mbps speed).   The line was noisy as **bleep** and I could hardly hear the old dear on't other end.

The phone is still crackly now when the speed has increased.

Plus while I'm writing this it has just gone off again and now (after 2-3mins just connected at 1.3Mbps)  and now its just gone off again and come back on at 5.7Mbps.    And its gone off again.  And on.

I still haven't heard from the Mods.   I dont know if they are messing with line at this moment or noisy line is the problem.

When I came in I stripped the line back to the wall internal connections and connected a hardwired phone to it and it was extremely noisy.

This is beyond a joke.   Most of my miserable life revolves around the t'internet.

What am I to do now...............take up knitting?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

if your line is that noisy then your need to report a fault to 151 but do NOT mention your broadband .  when you get your noisy phoneline fixed that should help your broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

I woke up this morning and broadband had a major fit.

I checked my phones and it didn't work.

I stuck my hardwired phone into the master plate and that didn't even turn on and broadband was off.

I phoned 151 by mobile and arranged to get an engineer to come out.

The operator did a line check and said my Broadband is okay.    It wasn't even connected up.

When we finished our conversation,  I connected everything back up and then Broadband was working again but the phones (hardwired and wireless) still aren't working.

Broadband is now working at 160kbps.

Hopefully an engineer will sort it out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

A mod has replied but is waiting for the engineer to turn up on Wednesday to see if he sorts the problem out.

Broadband is still connected (1 day 2 hrs 7mins) at 160kbps.

Phone is still not working.

So whatever intermittant fault was occurring it now seems to have stabilized which hopefully will make diagnosis easier to detect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution
Hi The mods will keep an eye on things for you and the engineer visit should sort the problems out hopefully once and for all
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

BT Engineer arrived at 8am this morning.

He did all the tests and it looks like the master socket had developed a fault.

It was replaced and it seems to be working okay (around 6Mbps).   So hopefully I'll have no more problems.

The one interesting thing was the line test with his PC.    The last 3 tests all came up with an error but he said that they are probably alright.    So I hope he's right.

I'll start a new thread if anything else goes wrong.

Thanks for your help

Ian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

The download speed is still around the 160kbps mark.

Its now connected at 6Mbps and has been all day.

Will it get tweaked up over time (as in a few days) or do I have to get the techies on to it?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

check btspeedtester and see what your profile is as it may still be low from previous bad connection speed.  if so it should sort itself if you stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe sooner

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Download Speed
113 Kbps

Download speedachieved during the test was - 113 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:

Your DSL Connection Rate :6048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Is there any way of getting them to increase my IP Profile quicker.

I cannot play games and use the t'internet properly at this speed.........its slower than a slug stuck to a dead tortoise!! 😞

0 Ratings