cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Broadband playing up again

Would a moderator please action this as it took 2 weeks the last time i had a fault to get things sorted .

My Hub restarted a few days ago and since then i keep losing connection. My hub stats are as follows

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:
Connected
Connection time:
2 days, 08:39:58
Downstream:
8,513 Kbps
Upstream:
888 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:
0/38
Type:
PPPoA
Modulation:
G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:
Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):
5.4 dB / 10.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):
46.5 dB / 26.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up):
0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):
930148704 / 480158469
CRC Events (Down/Up):
7148891 / 776593
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):
HEC Errors (Down/Up):
3634946 / 261957
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

0 / 116221

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Broadband playing up again

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/adslmenu.html

also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com  speedtest.jpg

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket   testsocket2.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

My full hub stats are above if you look bt speedtest below

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 5.65 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.65 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 7.51 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.65 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.65Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

This is a bit misleading as running tests elsewhere give results of anywhere between 1.5 mbps and 7.2 mbps indicating a fault which isn't constant.

Hub is connected directly to the test socket.

The reason i want a mod to check this out is because i have had a fault like this before and after 2 weeks i had an engineer call out and he found the fault was in the exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

the mods will not get involved until the community members have taken you through all the basic checks as in many cases they do not need to be involved
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

This isn't the first time i have posted here due to a fault and have already run all appropiate tests including being connected directly to test socket and trying multiple filters, different cables and also running a quiet line test which came back fine.

Over 900 million fec events, over 7 million crc events, and nearly 4 million hec errors indicates a fault which needs to be sorted and i do not wish to wait 2 weeks again to get it fixed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

also the only accepted speed test is the BT one as it is the only one that shows the IP Profile which in your case is perfectly correct for your connection speed and your connection speed at 8.5mb is considerable amount higher then would be expected for you attenuation there is also no problem with your noise margin and you are showing over 2 days stable connection the only problem that does show up are a very high number of errors that could affect your download speed have you tried the quiet line test @
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

your fec's are nothing to  bother about they are showing interleaving is working as i posted  the other errors suggest noise on the line  have you tried the quiet line test 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

are you connecting to your hub vie wireless or ethernet cable  

also the speedtests you have run  with a wide range of speeds are purely caused by general internet activity 

not a fault 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

John i appreciate you wish to help but please read posts when trying to help as if you did you would see i have already stated i have tried the quiet line test in my last post and that it was fine.

I know my connection is stable and my IP Profile is good and the stated speed of 8.5mb is good even though i only actually get 7.2mb i am happy with that.

The problem is the errors which are causing random slow speeds and random disconnections from things i am doing such as playing online games.

All tests have been done which i can do which therefore indicates a fault on the line or at the exchange.