cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
XQ99
Message 1 of 2

Broadband poor for a week, now officially .... Dead

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me, that has possible experiences like this - so that im not going totally insane;

Im posting this via a 3g dongle as its the only means of a connection i have now;

Because of the below issues, i cannot do the bt.speedtester as well, since i now have no connection.

My connection (selby exchange area code: 01757) was a usual and stable 11mb/s since moving to new residence in July;

However since friday last week 18th November - the speed dropped and was restrcited to;

2.416mb/s - down

0.999mb/s - up

with a few random drops here and there, over the course of the week the speeds crept up a little - nothing major - best it got to was;

3.416mb/s - down

1.406mb/s - up

however on friday 25th November, the connection has died

random disconnects every 5-20 minutes, the router will connect and light up blue but there is actually no internet connection even though there is a reading on the speed being given.

spoke to the ever helpful helpdesk, and told an engineer would need to visit and next one will be free in 9 days;

the problem imo is the exchange as the readings/information on the router has been crazy ever since these issues;

a ticket got opened on thursday 24th - but instantly got closed as resolved, and a new one was open again on friday 25th - if any mods should see this post;

Broadband fault VOL011-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yes, ive tried a different router and the router im using now is an actual bt home hub 3, and swapped out the filters;

heres the latest info;

Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Data Transmitted/Received (GB): 0.0 / 0.0
Downstream: 3.906 Mbps
Upstream: 1.037 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 1.5 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 37.1 dB / 21.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 20.4 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 614886406 / 119
CRC Events (Down/Up): 4813052 / 21
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 122859149 / 1912602680
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 82494 / 8
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband poor for a week, now officially .... Dead

Contact the mods, you can do that by following this link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 this is the way to get in touch with them, they can not just pick your problem up on the thread.