cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaytie57
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband problems - only been with them since Friday wish I hadn't bothered !

signed up-BT happy to take my money. Hub arrived-Friday - connected and working well till this AM. Had 2 phone lines to house. Hubby had BT broadband but not on any deal. So decided that he would cancel and I would add broadband to my line. Decided that his line would carry on for a few days until proven that my line was ok. However come this morning both broadband not working. Try as we might, we cannot get any joy from BT. They say we need an engineer-NO we don't. We just need someone to press a button somewhere and get my broadband running. Customer service NIL.. Come on BT we are paying customers you take our money but we do not get the service we pay for. Any one know where I go now ?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband problems - only been with them since Friday wish I hadn't bothered !

Have you tried connecting the router to the other line in case the wrong one has been activated for broadband?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Kaytie57
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Broadband problems - only been with them since Friday wish I hadn't bothered !

Hi. Yes tried that one. Still no joy.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Has the activation date for the new broadband order passed yet? It does not happen right away, as physical changes need to be made to the wiring in the exchange to enable broadand. Its not simply a case of pressing a button.

The broadband on the old line would have been turned off, so you will have no service until the new order has been completed, usually within a couple of weeks, depending on how busy Openreach are.

0 Ratings