cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shonarennie
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband running at snails pace

Hi, i was hoping some one could help me?

My interwebs have been running just a tad slowly this past week. I am at my wits end to be honest. I have phoned bt and been told by the very helpfull but unfortunately clueless bloke i spoke to that all he could do was turn off my interleving.

So here's the thing, i done the speedtest...im onto the 3rd test as the first ones gave back a download speed of a grand sum of 81kbps and upload of 110kbps. So as i said im onto the 3rd test....thing is i am running on windows 7 and cant configure my network....clueless gent from bt didnt have the foggiest idea what i was asking him when i mentioned this. So....anyone know what to do?

Oh and my adsl bumf is :-

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 3 days, 0:55:32
Downstream 6,592 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.1
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 15.6 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 30.0 dB / 16.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 19.8 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 0
Loss of Signal (Local) 0
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 136559 / 1
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 477 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 173

Should also mention i totally lost all internet on wednesday....though this problem has been happening for over a week.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband running at snails pace

can you please run the bt speed test   http://speedtester.bt.com/  and post the full result please then someone here will be able to offer more help

0 Ratings
shonarennie
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi, i can't run it.

As i said in my OP i have already done it but it moved me onto a 3rd test. For it to carry it out i need to configure my network and change the username to speedtest@speedtest_domain. But as i'm running windows 7 i cant do it. I phoned BT and the gent didnt know what i was speaking about when i asked for the help to do it. So untill i find a way of doing it or the speedtest "resets" i can't run it again.

Any help to do this would be appreciated 🐵

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

just ignore the third test and pot the page that shows the results at that point please
0 Ratings
shonarennie
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Speedtest results :-

Download speedachieved during the test was - 125 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :6592 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

suggest you email the board mods at forum.moderation.team@bt.com and post a copy of the sped test to them and ask them to help your throughput is very low for your ip profile give them your bt account no phone number and a link to this page they may take a few days to reply but they will help sort your problem for you
0 Ratings