cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinistersponge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband - slow speed. Opinions?

I've just moved into a new flat and taken out a Standard Broadband package (the only one BT could supply). I've been connected for 12 days now, and it seems very slow. I've read some similar complaints on here, so have taken the tests recommended and will attach the results. I'd be grateful for any opinions on whether I should be expecting anything better (surely?!) and if there's anything I can do to improve it.

ADSL Checker 2018-09-10 09-37-20.jpgBTW Performance Test 2018-09-10 09-49-37.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband - slow speed. Opinions?

you need to post stats from hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sinistersponge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Are these the stats you mean?

I'm using a HH4. There is a filter going into the socket, yes. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

can't see image

use this to post image  Capture.PNG

try this for stats

Unfortunately the HH4 doesn't offer any linestats via the interface other than connection speed.

http://bthomehub.home  admin password is on the card on the back of the hub.

From the top Menu > Troubleshooting
> Helpdesk
> Bandwidth

You may be able to gain a little more information from the event log, such as the SNR Margin, shortly after a resync.

Troubleshooting >
Event Log >
Category 'WAN'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sinistersponge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Oh, that's odd. I can see the image in my post. Let me try again.BT Home Hub Manager - Information for Helpdesk agents 2018-09-10 13-34-00.jpgBT Home Hub Manager - Line Status 2018-09-10 12-57-15.jpg

0 Ratings