Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
etlprws
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband slow (unusable) at night since Home Hub 3 installed

Hi,

I have had a fairly good service on my BT broadband for a couple of years now and no issues using it at peak times or late at night.

Last week I recieved a new HH3 (as my HH2 was faulty) and renewed my Broadband Option 3 package with BT for another year.  Since installing the HH3 I have found that from around 20:00 hours onwards the broadband connection is unusable.  I can connect intermitently to various sites but it take minutes to load each page.

I don't know when the speed comes back up, it is still slow at around mid-night but is fine at 8:00 in the morning. 

During the day I am getting around 6 Meg connection speed, so there is nothing wrong with my wiring etc.

Please can you advise.

Regards

Peter 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
davidrc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband slow (unusable) at night since Home Hub 3 installed

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to BT BB as from 9th March.

I was supplied with a HH3 and had endless problems with erratic speeds, sometimes around 1meg (which is reasonable for where I live!) but often very very slow to the point that webpages would not load. There were also frequent disconnections.

BT tried to sort it out but without success.

About a week ago, in desparation, I disconnected the HH3 and replaced it with an old router and have had no problems since.

I have asked BT what they are going to do about it but as yet have had no response.

David 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@etlprws

how are you connected wired or wireless?

please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fratony
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

As you will see from the thread I have started, I am having what seems to be an identical problem with HH3 and wireless (not wired) connection from 8pm every evening. Like you, it is back to normal in the morning. Odd.

0 Ratings