Am slowing to a standstill here again. I can only expect 2.5Mb here anyway but,
May 5th download went down to 256K, called helpline, they reset and by May 10th went back up to 2448k
By June, same again, call centre sorted
By July download 952k, call centre got engineer booked to come and sort out fault, Openreach engineer checked everything & replaced bits on the telegraph pole our line goes to, router stats of 3872 downstream on the line so he thought we might get above 2.5Mb & download speed in the next few days did get up to 2.8m hurray!!
On 3rd August download speed had dropped again, to 1249k & IP Profile was down to 1750k so called the helpline again to get it resolved, in response to my insisting that I wanted a proper solution and not to have to keep calling I was told all sorts of nice things would be done & the IP profile would be reset forever!!
Eventually the speed went back up again, not as good as before though. And ADSL type on router stats shows "fast" not "interleave"?
Have followed everything I could see in this board. I am connected with a cable to a NTE5 master sockert with bell circuit filter!
Silent test is very silent!
BT speed test shows;
Download speed 1309
DSL connection rate 2912 down / 64 up
IP profile 2000
Router (Belkin F5D 7633-4a) says
ADSL type = Fast
2912 down / 64 up
Noise margin 9.4 / 7.0
Output power 18.7 / 11.6
Attenuation 61.0 / 31.0
- Is there any way to access the log from btspeedtester to see if the low upload speed was there on previous runs (sorry haven't noticed the figure being that low previously)?
-Am looking at changing my Belkin router - apparently there's a Netgear that holds onto the connection better?
- Am loathe to switch off or reset router, as this evidently slows things down for a while too?
Thank you for looking hope there's something I can do!
you are not alone with btspeedtester - few reports or problems and I also tried with same result
Well I finally got fed up and switched power off / on. Look at me now!
Also managed part 1 of speed test;
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2237 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :3040 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
- so upstream is back to normal (wonder what that was about?) and download better. Wonder if I'll manage to get profile up any more and speed above 2500 again
Anyone know / understand what on earth happened to fix this?
Yes but, the engineer was here 5/7/11 (after resets in March, May & June from Indian call centre) and the download speed he left as 2.8, then it dropped to 1249 so called India who reset and download got up to 2267
- then last week it fell again 1209 download and only 64 upload so posted on this forum (as it has been a problem since May, wouldve posted sooner but had a teensy prob with email password see my other post!!!) anyway this morning's download speed was 1397 and DSL connection 2912 and now i've 2237 download, 3040 DSL connection and & upload speed 448k..
- just wondering what I could do to find out the cause - some kind of monitoring perhaps? - call me a pessimist but just in case it happens again
I 'm not aware of anything changing at this end, how would I make sure that things are noise free please?
you are connected to the master socket but do you have any phone extension sockets in other rooms? have you tried the quiet line test?
your connection speed currently is very ggod for your attenuation as kitz site shows only about 2/2,3mb
check this post for other possible problems