cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 21 of 35

Re: Broadband speed and connection issues - looking for help

thats fine, i just want it fixed asap, no issues with paying. Although from the conversations i've had today BT seem very reluctant to send an engineer out...must be costing them too much!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 35

Please update after engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 23 of 35

ok will do
0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 24 of 35

Update - Engineer visited yesterday. He performed a phone line test and found no issues with the phone line. He also replaced the old Master Socket with a new one. He performed tests as well and said there were no issues internal to the property.

He said we should request a Broadband SFI (as the fault is with the broadband and not the phone line) and that we should request our broadband is uncapped with immediate effect. Which I will do as soon as the on-line chat is open this morning. I've tried reopening the fault but the form keeps throwing me out!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 35

can you post your hib stats now engineer replaced master socket - as message 6

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 26 of 35

here are the latest stats.

I am now in commuincation with the networks fault team. Although at one stage yesterday I was able to get 7mb it didnt last long, and I am still experiencing connection issues on a regular basis, and the speed has dropped down again.

I am finding the whole experience really frustrating, the engineer who visited to perform a line fault said on Friday that it was a broadband network issue and that someone needed to be sent out to investigate. However, depsite me explaining this over and over again to about 3 different people on Saturday morning there is still no sign of an appointment being made.

bb settings 12oct.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 35

connection time only 36min so if the conenction is constanly dropping that has resulted in the very high noise margin and lower connection speed.

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone - see if that is causing drops

0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 28 of 35

Thanks for the reply.

The quiet line test was fine.

Is there anything else I can try? The engineer who visited said the issue was likely to be a high resistant fault on the broadband network, and that BT would have to send an Openreach engineer out to investigate and repair.

Apologies I didn't realise that this was a forum run by community members, I thought that my issue would be seen here by BT employees and escalated appropriately.

I can understand there is a cost implication to BT, but when they make you go around in cicles (which they seem to be doing everytime I speak with them) just to not have to send an engineer out it is very frustrating!

Can anyone let me know if upgrading to Infinity will solve the issue? I dont understand how it can as if the issue is on the cabling to my property surely this will not be changed when I upgrade? Can anyone shed some light as BT said upgrading could solve the problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 35

so what did engineer actually do?  high resistance faults are fixed by phone engineer as it is a phone fault.

are you sure you can get fibre  enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

as the connection from the cabinet to your home is the same wiring then if your problem is in that stretch or wiring then moving to fibre won't help.  only if problem in wiring from cabinet to exchange will moving help

0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 30 of 35

The engineer performed a phone line fault test, and changed the master socket. There we're not any issues with the phone line.

I have just followed up with the Network Team in India, and I now have a broadband engineer visit scheduled for Thursday. Hopefully they will discover what the issue is.

Properties around me are having no issues, so hopefully there is an issue with the cabling coming into the property that can be replaced.

Capture#2.PNG

0 Ratings