Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 35

Re: Broadband speed and connection issues - looking for help

please update after engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 32 of 35

Engineer had just left.

He ran the tests and could see there was a High Resistance fault somewhere along the line. He found the issue was some old wiring in the cabinet, which he replaced.

Happy to say that the broadband is now running at between 15-16MB.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 35

great resultsmiley thumbs up.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NKBoon
Beginner
Message 34 of 35

Yes it is a great result. Unfortunately I had to reduce myself to threatening to leave BT if the issue was not escalated by a Broadband engineer being sent out.

The forum is great, and hats off to you community members who help others out, but this forum shouldn't have to exist, or at the very least it should be staffed by BT staff who can actually take the issues that people have and get them in 'the system' and escalate them appropriately.

After my experience, I'm definitely going to look elsewhere. 

I feel for the Indian workers who are the first line of customer complaints, as basically they have no authority or responsibility to do anything other than is written on their scripts. Each time you re-contact them it is as if it is a new query. The embarrasing thing is most of them will be highly educated, and more than likely have the knowledge and skills to resolve issues...yet BT seem happy to give them nothing but a script to work from, how frustrating must it be for them?

Finally, don't get me started on the MD of Sales and Service signing off on emails that you can't reply to...the irony. If youR big enough to sign off emails, be big enough to allow annoyed customers to reply to you directly!

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 35

the forum does have a BT presence in the form of the forum mod team who will become involved if the community cannot resolve the problem this type of forum is operated by many other provider
0 Ratings