cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonPW1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband speed, are these reasonable?

Hi, this is a basic question but can someone kindly tell me if the speeds below are "reasonable" for my BT Infinity hub...I've run the proper BT Speed Test a few times and got these averages....Download=35, Upload=3, Ping=44.  Thank you!    

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband speed, are these reasonable?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

@SimonPW1 wrote:

Hi, this is a basic question but can someone kindly tell me if the speeds below are "reasonable" for my BT Infinity hub...I've run the proper BT Speed Test a few times and got these averages....Download=35, Upload=3, Ping=44.  Thank you!    

there is no way to tell if they are good, bad or indifferent until you post the information requested by john46 which will give something to compare against

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SimonPW1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for replies, my question was just for my understanding really, all I anted to know was whether the following results would these be regarded as "Reasonable" averages for Infinity...Download 35, Upload 4, Ping 44. .....the reason I was askig is that upload speed of 4 looked very different from the others and just wanted to understand if this was a typical number?  Thank you!!!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

without knowing what your stats show and what your estimated speed are you cannot say whether speeds are good or bad

if you are on infinity 2 for example then they are terrible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SimonPW1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

ah got it!  Ok, this is what I got using the link you kindly sent me ...

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8079.82020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8059.12017--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 12--10.5 to 14Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 12Up to 1.510.5 to 14Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

now we need the speedtest Further diagnostic part and the help deskpage from the hub interface
0 Ratings