cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rell
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband speed capped

Until quite resently I was getting 5 + mbs on my connection.

Now I get around 1.8 mbs

The IP Profile for the line is - 2000 Kbps

This was previously 8000 Kbs. I have no idea why I am being throttled.

How do I get this reset?

I posted a question on the BT CS site but have had no reply and the question has been deleted!

Any help gratefully received

Richard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband speed capped

you are not being capped but your profile is obviously on 2000 instead of about 7000 assuming you have an 8mb connection.  profile drops are normally due to disconnections and when reconnected the speed is low.  even when this recovers back to your normal speed it takes about 3/5 days stable connection to recover your profile - sometimes sooner

check your router for connection time and if it shows 3+ days then your profile is probably stuck and you need to contact the mods for help http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rell
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response imjolly.

My hub has been up for 3 days since I reset it.

Prior to that it had been up for much longer (weeks).

I did a reset to try to resolve the issue - before I realised my IP had been lowered to 2000.

I have contacted the moderators tonight.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Hi Rell
The mods will reply to you normally within 72 hours directly either by phone or email
0 Ratings