cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tony_manuel
Message 1 of 14

Broadband speed drop following gas mains work in area - reset IP profile/SNR ?

Hi, similar to others in this forum my broadband speed has dropped (downlink and uplink) to a 1/3 of what it was previously. Following reporting a fault some weeks ago I had my SNR reset and was getting 6MB down and 600K up. Now I am consistently getting 2Mb down and less than 200k up. This has not changed for some time.

Here are Home hub stats:

Line state:Connected
Connection time:5 days, 05:38:11
Downstream:3.813 Mbps
Upstream:224 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.4 dB / 7.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):42.8 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 11.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 4
CRC Events (Down/Up):4746 / 606
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):4542 / 14
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):3888 / 443

and the results of the broadband speed test:

Your results are below

The speed coming into your house The speed you get at your computer Connection speedGood 
  • Download speed 2.9Mb
  • Upload speed 0.18Mb
Good  

Connection Speed is the speed that your Home Hub communicates with the Telephone Exchange. This is sometimes called 'Sync Speed' or 'Line rate'. This is usually the maximum Speed your line can support for the broadband you're on.

Download Speed is the actual speed you receive at your computer at the time you ran the test. This speed can be affected by the number of people and devices using your broadband connection and whether you use a wired or wireless connection.

Can any moderators help get SNR reset ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Broadband speed drop following gas mains work in area - reset IP profile/SNR ?

Hi there is nothing wrong with your noise margin it is at the correct level there is nothing to reset
0 Ratings
tony_manuel
Message 3 of 14

Re: Broadband speed drop following gas mains work in area - reset IP profile/SNR ?

John - so why am I no longer getting 6Mb/600K on my ADSL connection ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Could you please try connecting your hub to the test socket and then reporting the results
0 Ratings
tony_manuel
Message 5 of 14

I have just run the speedtest.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.66 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2.66 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3.9 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.22 Mbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

I assume this means my IP Profile has been set at 3Mbps - can it be increased ?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Your IP profile is set by your connection speed not the other way around
0 Ratings
tony_manuel
Message 7 of 14

John, "test socket" ? Where do I find that ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

1. testsocket2.jpgBehind the lower removable plate on the master socket
0 Ratings
tony_manuel
Message 9 of 14

Got it thanks. OK will have to move pcs, furniture around to get to it and rerun tests. Will then post all results again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Ok when you can thereis always some one around
0 Ratings