Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 53

Re: Broadband speed dropped last week.

if you had a previously lower speed due to resets or router dropping connection then your profile will still be based on the lower speed even though your connection speed is now 7616kbps

profile drops almost immediately your connection speed drops but after connection speed recovers to previous level it can take 3/5 days stable connection before your profile catches up  so looking at the profile band shows the correct profile for your speed but until you can run btspeedtester diagnostic test there is no way to tell if profile still low or correct and there is a different problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 22 of 53

Ok, cheers. 

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 23 of 53

I'm back to being confused again. 

Latest couple of speed tests whilst trying to coax my profile out if the tester are 4.49 and 6.57. So if I'm limited to lower speeds how am I getting occasional high ones?  Speedtest not accurate? Noise?  Other speed tests that show a graph are very erratic. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 53

post results of btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 25 of 53

This is the latest one run a few minutes ago.

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 7.97 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Yet at about 4am I got 0.49. 😕

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 53

that's even higher than your profile assuming you have the correct 7mb profile

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 27 of 53

I know..

This one run just.

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.48 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

And another.

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 5.37 Mbps

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 53

are running test with a wired conenction?

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 29 of 53

Wired, nothing else plugged into hub, all wifi enabled stuff turned off and Task Manager Performance viewer on screen before I run the tests just to make sure nothing else is using the ethernet.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 53

are you currently using the test socket not master socket?

0 Ratings