Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 53

Re: Broadband speed dropped last week.

do you have extension sockets in other rooms?  if so are they all connected to back of detachable faceplate?  are any extension sockets dead when you use test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 42 of 53

Nope, that's it.  Wiring comes into house and goes to that socket, no others in the house. I usually run a splitter off that which goes to a downstairs phone and upstairs to the hub and phone but obviously for these tests I've not got the splitter plugged in it's just the hub into filter and directly into the socket.

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 43 of 53

Any further suggestions? 

I'm pretty sure by now that it's nothing my end and I'm not on a low profile as I can get high speedtest results as well as low ones.  Noise margin  on my line has always been very low until now and I've never had any problems before. Neighbours all seem to be fine so I don't think it's congestion. 

Will I get any further help on here or do I start pestering 151?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 44 of 53

Any chance with any admin help with this?  Seems everyone has run out of ideas and I've done everything I can and have been asked to show there's a fault somewhere and I'm 99% sure it's not me.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 53

you need to try customer services not 151 and see if you can get broadband engineer 

if any problems with customer services then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 46 of 53

Cheers, I'll give them a go.

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 47 of 53

Just an update as I may be back here for help the way it's going.

I've been on to customer service who said my sync was 7617 (same as it's always been) and my speed to the hub is 7.5mbps (same as it's always been) but then after another couple of tests (which I requested they do) they also got wild fluctuations but still attempted to blame me.  I've jumped through hoops with them, using different hardware (had to dig out an old laptop) to run the speedtest on.

Had another callback today where I've been told I'm not with BT but Talk Talk.   I really do despair now. I've been with BT since (as far as I can work out) October 2014 and I've cetainly been paying them, have a HH4 from them, my phone and mobile are also with them. I have an account page on the BT site which shows such.   Now, I did used to be with the Post Office who used BT but then swapped to Talk Talk which is when I left because the broadband via Talk Talk was awful.   It would seem someone has forgotten to press a magic button or type something in somewhere.

On another note I've been checking some stuff today and for some reason (maybe due to this mixup) my neighbours, on the same cabinet can get fibre but I can't..

Waiting for another callback to see if they've sorted the Talk Talk nonsense and then maybe I can get an engineer out.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 53

what happens if you enter your phone number into this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 49 of 53

With my number it says I'm on cabinet 5 and I've got ADSL Max and that's it.  My neighbours number, cabinet 5 again but has ADSL Max, FTTC A and B. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 53

if you can get FTTC then that is infinity fibre service it sounds like the database has not yet caught up with your provider change over for some reason you could try this link to see if you can get the database checked

If you try this link to Openreach they may be able to help you further https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d
0 Ratings