Hi so we recently did a home move and the phone and internet came on when they were supposed to.
The first few hours of the first day the download speed was going up and down as it was supposed before settling on 287.1 kbps down and 444.6 kbps up and it's not budged since.
It still drops and reconnects now and then, the homehub has been turned on the whole time, I did try changing the filter incase it was that but it didn't make a difference, And it has been restarted a couple of times.
Our estimated speed on BT's line checker is 11 Mb with an estimated range of 7.5-14 Mb
Here is the current homehub stats;
Any help appreciated
When I try: http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Connectivity and type my phone number it gives me a message telling me it doesn't look like I'm using a bt homehub when I am.
EDIT: I should of said, there is only the 1 master socket, no extensions, and only the phone and router plugged into the filter, so there's no bell wire interference etc.
Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
Okay I have a Homehub 3, screenie of the connection page
and here's the BTW results:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.26 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.1 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.35Mbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
I should note that the first day my connection was turned on the sync speed was switching between 2mb-12mb which was fine, then it dropped to 0.26 and it's not changed since. And I've been connected to the test socket for 3 days.
problem with being connected for 3/5 days is that it drops and reconnects at least once a day, longest I've seen connection time be is 17 hours since we've moved, and the noise margins have both been lower than 10 db at one point or another
I'll try a quiet line test tomorrow, need to dig out our corded phone. It's already on the test socket and has been for a few days
I did a quiet line test earlier and all was fine, Homehub hasn't dropped since yesterday, noise margins are dropping ever so slowly;