cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 47

Re: Broadband speed extremely slow after the first 10 days

Yes I've been connected to the test socket for like a week now, The phone has only rang once since it was setup and that was yesterday afternoon, I had a 2 day 6 hour connection this morning so no it doesn't. Nobody really has the landline number yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 47

ok just trying to eliminate possible problems 

Which home hub are you using ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 47

Homehub 3 I believe 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 47

does it look like this hub3.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 47

did you check the link I posted for possible sources of interference?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Yeah it's a homehub 3, I did check the other day and state that in one of my previous posts.

There is nothing near the homehub that could be interfering with it I don't think, I did check your link but my phone socket is right by the front door in the hall, and that's where the homehub is and has been since I set it up 2 weeks ago, and I don't think anything like that is close enough to interfere.

The first day I did have a range of speeds from 2-12mb until it dropped to what it's currently at.

This is just annoying because my last house was a lot further away from the exchange and I had 6 Mb down consistently from day 1, and that had dodgy wiring, the electric used to go off at least once a day, I was never put into a banded profile from the router resetting there.

I'm a lot closer to the exchange now, our estimated speed range was 7-14 Mb and our neighbours are consistently getting 12 Mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 47

you could have been on ADSLMAX up to 8mb service at your old home which does not have banded profiles as does ADSL2+
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 47

can you post up to date stats from your router please.  do you use an phone extension cable to conenct hub to test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 47

No extension no, plugged into filter, filter plugged directly into test socket, it's definitly the master socket as it's the only phone socket in the house, and the cable comes in from the telegraph pole just underneath it.

stats3.png

It's only 2 and a half hours because of all the disconnects this afternoon. I was at 2 days 10 hours this morning with no error seconds or HEC Events, just 724 FEC events down/0 up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 47

Due to all the drops/resets in connection your connection is now in a banded profile which should release automatically given 24/7 connection for 3/5 days. If you get to 3+ days connection time and connection speed still the same then repost stats and mods may help get you out of banding.

Hopefully engineer has fixed problem and connection is now ok

0 Ratings