cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 33

Re: Broadband speed increase request

who was your previous supplier that may explain the reason for the difference in speeds
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

you can it only affects your latency and a slight increase in speed adsl max that you are onhas a maximum connection speed of 8128k and an ip profile of 7150k  your download speed will always be sligthly lower thanyour ip profile 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 33

by getting your latency changed to fast that will give you a speed increase to 8128 as fast as adslmax can go and that in turn will increase your profile to 7150 as high as it will go

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 33

ok thank you imjolly
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 33

oh my previous supllier vwas o2

and my speeds were better than this

but when the bt engineer came to my house, he said i should be getting much better speeds as the quality of my line is fantastic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 33

O2 would have there own equipment in the exchange and were probably providing an LLU service up to 20mb whereas you are now on adslmax up to 8mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 33

but i thought if bt owns the equipment, and im on bt now, then why cant i get those sort of speeds now?

or does bt need this llu equipment?

i cant wait till bt infinity comes to my area 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 33

also, bt promised me the same speeds when i took out the contract with them.

thinking of going back to o2 to be honest iof this isnt sorted 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 33

BT wholesale own the exchange and O2 will have installed their own equipment and able to provbide an LLU service - check you exchnage here and see if yourt exchange is 21CN enabled 

check exchange here

as you are new to BT there will be considerable cancellation fees if you leave and still in contract  see here 

cancellation charges

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Thank you for your time imjolly 🙂

If i cant get that small increase then ill be happy 🙂

Ive cxontacted the moderators as you suggested and ill post back once i hear more from them.

Thank you for your support this far.

Cheers.

0 Ratings