Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Broadband speed is to slow.

Hello,

I am having problem with my BT Broadband, I am find that the internet runs very slow and also have BT tv and some of the programmes from the internet channels sometimes get stuck and lockup and sometimes the recording I am watching back will just go off. 

I have done a speed test and I am getting download 22.8 mbps and upload 3.3. mbps

Any help with this problem would be great.

Thanks 

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband speed is to slow.

Can you post the connection stats from the HH. See HERE for how to.

Enter you phone number HERE and post the result. Remove your  phone number before posting.

0 Ratings
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi

I spoke to BT tech support about the problem and they are looking into the problem, if they can not fix the problem i will come back to you for help.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

You would be better posting the information requested and getting some assistance from forum as well as support assuming they do get back to you 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DavidM
Message 5 of 10

Hi @MATTHEWATLANT0S and thanks for posting.

I hope tech support are able to get this sorted for you but as @imjolly has mentioned it would be worth posting your details so we can check it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Hi David,

thanks for getting back to me, BT have done the check with the boardband they used the BT Wholesale speed test and have found that the download speed is only 3.9, so BT are look to see how to fix the problem.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 7 of 10

You need to post the router stats from either your HomeHub or the new Netgear you've installed before anyone here or on the Youview forum can help you much.

0 Ratings
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Hi David 

BT fixed the problem yesterday the download speed is now 25.97, but since BT fixed the download speed the upload speed has gone down to 4.2, is this right or should I speak to BT and ask them to make the upload speed higher.

Please can you let me know.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

4.2mb is faster than your initial post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Until you post the information requested no-one can advise you.

0 Ratings