cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edmondo
Message 1 of 5

Broadband speed problem after Power Outage

Hi,

I have a broadband problem that started with a power  surge and outage in my building on the 20th September. Before this date I was getting a consistent download speed of 10+mb with 12mb sync speed for the last two years.

I've been on the phone since with BT Helpdesk and the situation doesn't seem to be improving. Last thing I was told by BT is that they're resetting my line and I should wait 5 days before a call back.

My current line stats are the following:

But I'm getting on BT SpeedTester a 1mb download speed and 1.6mb upload speed.

ADSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed6215 kbps1195 kbps
Line Attenuation36.0 db20.7 db
Noise Margin8.3 db5.8 db

What can I do to get BT to send an engineer out to check the line ? I'm thinking that the power surge might have damaged the line in the building.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband speed problem after Power Outage

Can you please post the full results of the BT speedtest not the beta test as shown here speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
edmondo
Message 4 of 5

This is my last BT SpeedTester test: 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 0.06 Mbps 0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.06 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 5.99 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 1.11 Mbps 0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.11Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

could you also post the full hub stats including connection time and connection speed and all error messages including the ones shown by cliking on show more details
0 Ratings