Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrainySmurf
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband speed slower after connection drop outs

Hi

I have had Unlimited Broadband for about 18 months and I usually get download speeds of about 14 Mbps.

During the morning of 12 February 2015, the broadband connection kept going on and off continuously for several hours.  At 10:27 am it settled down and I have had a constant connection since then.  

I have been doing some speed tests over the past few days, just to check whether everything is all right after the connection drop outs, but the download speeds have dropped to around 9 Mbps.  Now, this is still a fairly reasonable speed, but when I have been used to speeds of about 14Mbps, it is noticeable now it has dropped.

Here are the test results for you chaps to have a look at:

BT Hub Info 15 Feb 2015.jpg

BT Noise Margin 12 Feb 2015.jpg

BT Speed Test 15 Feb 2015.jpg

BT Test 15 Feb 2015.jpg

Is the speed likely to increase back up to around 14 Mbps over the next few days by itself, or is this something that you chaps need to have a look at ?

Any help will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Claire

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband speed slower after connection drop outs

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 4

Hi BrainySmurf,

Thanks for posting. I'd expect to see the connection improve over the next few days (stability is the key) but if you don't see any change get back to us and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
BrainySmurf
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hello David

Thank you for your reply. I will keep checking the speed over the next few days, and let you know if there is no improvement.

Regards

Claire
0 Ratings