cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: Broadband speed slower than dial up, customer service useless

I carried out that test, but I can't copy and paste the results for some reason. The only entry which makes any sene to me reads:

ADSL Max up to 1.5 downstream no upstream entry and a downstream range of 1-2.5

I've run the test socket check and the engineer when he was here yesterday did too.

He showed me his results on his test rig. I didn't get the numbers, but they've been consistently low for days whenever I've runt he BT speed test. But I did get the two words, LIMP MODE fromt he engineer's cconsole. He said this came about as a result of the outage, and it hadn't been reset. Tech desk say it can't be reset because the line is unstable, hence the need for a second engineer to come out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

let us know how you get on with the visit please
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Strangest thing. Connection very slow this morning, then suddenly everything is back to normal. Speed from the exchange 3.03 meg, download. 2.6 meg, upload 0.7 meg. It looks like the line has been reset. Now thinking about cancelling tomorrow's engineer.

Thanks, guys (and gals) for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

could you please repost your hub stats again just for reference  it looks like it was  waiting for an auto profile reset 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Sorry to hijack this thread and all but reading what dwrob96 said, the speed and his problems seem to be exactly the same as mine, the date seems in correlation to when I started getting this issue as well!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

@ Tyler009 could you please start your own new post as the causes may be different once you have posted your hubstats then we can help you further
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

John46 - he has already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

thanks imj
0 Ratings