I carried out that test, but I can't copy and paste the results for some reason. The only entry which makes any sene to me reads:
ADSL Max up to 1.5 downstream no upstream entry and a downstream range of 1-2.5
I've run the test socket check and the engineer when he was here yesterday did too.
He showed me his results on his test rig. I didn't get the numbers, but they've been consistently low for days whenever I've runt he BT speed test. But I did get the two words, LIMP MODE fromt he engineer's cconsole. He said this came about as a result of the outage, and it hadn't been reset. Tech desk say it can't be reset because the line is unstable, hence the need for a second engineer to come out.
Strangest thing. Connection very slow this morning, then suddenly everything is back to normal. Speed from the exchange 3.03 meg, download. 2.6 meg, upload 0.7 meg. It looks like the line has been reset. Now thinking about cancelling tomorrow's engineer.
Thanks, guys (and gals) for your help.
could you please repost your hub stats again just for reference it looks like it was waiting for an auto profile reset