Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband speed

Go to solution

I wonder if anybody can help. My knowledge is minimum so forgive me if my question is simple. I have at present Infinity 1 with speeds of around 20 and 5 .This is following a line fault outside my property which was fixed 2 months ago. Before I was getting around 24 And 7. These speeds are somewhat below the possible speeds for Infinity 1 but I understand that there may be reasons for this. My question basically am I likely to see any worthwhile increase in speed if I upgrade to Infinity 2. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband speed

Go to solution

you won't get any increase in speed moving to infinity 2.  speed are not pro rata.  if you can only get20/24mb just now then that is what you will get if you upgraded to infinity 2 just it would cost more

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Infinity 1 and Infinity 2 are the same product. The only difference is that BT place a software cap on Infinity 1 to stop the speed exceeding 52Mbps (was 38Mbps) if your line is capable of supporting those speeds. 

As your line never exceeded the maximum for Infinity 1 there would be no point in spending more money to get Infinity 2.

Your present speeds may still improve back to what you were previously getting if the fault has now been fixed and you now have a stable connection. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the comments. That is a real help and what I suspected is confirmed. 

0 Ratings