Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband speed

Go to solution

Hi I reported a slow broadband fault on 3 march 17 Fault Number VOL013-******** when I look a the faul tracker it says

Further diagnostic tests began at the time and date shown to find the problem with your broadband. Once we know more we will contact you using your contact details above and once we have fixed your problem you will see an update on this page. Thanks for your patience

How long should the test take

Thanks

Leigh

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband speed

Go to solution

I would imagine by now, its been forgotten about.

It may be best to get help from this forum.

What exactly was the problem?

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Canadaleigh,

I've removed your fault reference number as this is a public forum. I'm sorry you haven't had a update regarding your fault. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your case. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB 

0 Ratings
Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Paddyb

I have just posted my details on to you

Thanks

Leigh

0 Ratings
Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I have now been fixed

The problems were and this is from BT Customer Services

From checking the account it appears the order completed on our background system for the 40/10 service not the 80/20. I've placed an order today to upgrade it for you which completes on 28/03/17

When they called to check on the speed I told them that my speed had gone down after they had upgraded me to 80/20 so they said that an engineer would do a check on the whole line from Exchenge to Cabinet to House this was done on the 4/4/17 when he arrived at the house we found out that the master socket was out of date and should have been change when I took Infinity out. he changed it for a new master socket 5C and all works well and I now get 70Meg

0 Ratings