Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Broadband speeds dropping in evenings

Hi

I have traditionally had excellent BB speeds around 13/14mb. Over last few nights it has dropped to below 1mb ie very slow.

I have tried to find out if work being carried out at exchange but does not appear to be anything highlighted by BT.

Hoping as in past can resolve this through forums.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband speeds dropping in evenings

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi John46

Many thanks got quick reply. I have checked all of the links you provided but unfortunately my exchange not highlighted with any issues.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks John46, going to do a little more investigation and then post some info from BT Speedtester.

Cheers.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

okay had a few days where it was pretty much normal aside from a couple of low tests, but tonight was like last time when I posted above.  Really slow.  I have run some BT Speed Tests and results below;

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 22.54.55.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 22.56.19.png

As can be seen the results are way lower than I should get and even that acceptable.  I normally get around 13.5MB down and up as posted.

I do not use BT Homehub so can't drag the info off this and do not have a home hub but I have checked settings on all equipment and unplugged everything with an internet signal aside from hardwired computer with no joy.  

Really do not know what to do next.

Telephoned BT Helpline and really not useful as all, just followed a script and said that everything not as should be but no issues on their side showing.

I really have a simple set up here of computer hardwired to router/modem.  Nothing fancy.

Any help would be great, not sure if moderators still help out on this forum but in past have been great.  Heard nothing from them this time.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

As download speed below acceptable limit then when mods read this they will post a contact us link - probably tomorrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Hi Monkeybill

Send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile.

I can have this investigated for you.

Thanks

Stuart

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

the link is here 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Many thanks, link clicked and details sent.

Chris

0 Ratings