cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkbm-41
Message 1 of 10

Broadband talk home hub phone - can you use a separate answerphone machine with this?

I have 1571 message facility with my broadband talk phone (white home hub wireless router) but you can't personalise the greeting so have bought a BT response 75 stand alone answer machine to use with it but need to know before I unpack it whether it is compatible? No one sems to be able to tell me.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband talk home hub phone - can you use a separate answerphone machine with this?

It should work normally if you connect it to the telephone socket on the back of the HH.

0 Ratings
philterrer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: Broadband talk home hub phone - can you use a separate answerphone machine with this?

rkbm  I  have a response 123 Digital Telepone and Answering machine as sold by BT which until I had broadband installed worked well, i can still receive and make calls on this instrument but when the answer circuitry cuts in to record the incoming message it is as though I am situated on the dark side of the moon re the recorded message. Totally incomprehensile speech, worse than trying to get an answer from the BT help desk! I do not have 1571 activated as I thought that with my own answer machine I could maybe keep my messages between me and the caller and I can delete them myself. Anyway has anyone out there had this problem and if so has it been resolved?

0 Ratings
awdnotts
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

rkbm. Did you ever sort this out and if so, what worked?

0 Ratings
philterrer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Hi awdnotts Yes I did get this sorted. After hours of fighting the BT help desk I decided that with my knowledge as an ex BT engineer regarding help from sales the best way of resolving this was to purchase  a response 75+ and admit that BT won once more

0 Ratings
awdnotts
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Thanks philterrer. Just to clarify, does plugging the Response 75+ into the telephone socket on the Home Hub mean that anyone dialling the Broadband Talk number and not getting an answer will be diverted to the Response 75+ where they will hear a personalised greeting that can be recorded?
0 Ratings
philterrer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi awdnotts,   I think that either my original post was not written clearly or I did not read your response clearly  but my problem was when using the response answer phone on the landline that is when my problems started not when connected to the home hub, as I do use that facility

0 Ratings
BC1958
Message 8 of 10

I have the same question.  Did you ever get a full answer or make it work? If so how?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Yes you can use an answer phone connected to the home hub or activate the bt 1571 service the choice is up to you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

You may find that the answer phone will not hang up when the message finishes, as it cannot recognise the different dial-tone on Broadband Talk.
0 Ratings