cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siutnsl
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband transfer to Sky... BT still charging me.

My contract with BT ended on the 25th of August. I am supposed to transfer over to Sky the 29th. 

BT notified me that their services will stop on the 29th, ie the day I am supposed to be set up with Sky. Fair enough, and I don't mind getting charged for those days in between.

However, BT just sent me a bill for about 40pounds. I took a look at it, and it's for broadband and line rental up until the 25th of September! I don't mind paying for the 3 days of broadband between the transfer, but I don't see how it's fair for me to be charged an entire month's worth of services if I won't be using them!

What can I do, has anyone had this problem before?

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband transfer to Sky... BT still charging me.

I would think that's normal just unlucky when your bill date falls, it will return to your bt account once your account is updated then it should be refunded back to your bank.

I moved the other way to you from sky to bt on the 20th of June my sky billed on the 19th June so I paid a full month to sky for 1 day and my sky account is still £45 in credit. I've not bothered contacting sky as credit is supposed to be auto refunded in 45 working days. So it could be a similar process with bt. 

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 4

A quick Google found this it is totally normal but bt seem faster with refunding than sky with 21 days.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12817/~/questions-about-my-final-bt-bill

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

@siutnsl I think @Zombie is on the right track here, the final bill is not produced until after the transfer completes and your BT services stop and it sounds like this was your normal monthly bill.  There should be a bill reference code on the top of the bill if this begins with an M then its a monthly bill.  When your transfer completes stops a final bill is produced within 10 days and that should refund any advanced charges between the 29th of August and the 25th of September.  

0 Ratings