cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 29

Re: Broadband unusable -keep losing connection

Thanks - I get that. But seeing as the issue in this thread describes my symptoms exactly, I thought it might be interesting to know the outcome of pathology results and/or therapy. Then I can make a semi-informed decision whether they might apply in my case. I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

no one is saying you are stupid you would be best starting your own post then the community members can start to assist you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

@doctored wrote:
Thanks - I get that. But seeing as the issue in this thread describes my symptoms exactly, I thought it might be interesting to know the outcome of pathology results and/or therapy. Then I can make a semi-informed decision whether they might apply in my case. I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid!

it would help the forum members to help you if you posted more information about your connection on your own thread as requested by john46 - some router stats and btspeedtester results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 29

So having escalated things last week, with disconnections happening every few minutes, I have an engineer lined up for tomorrow Tuesday
However, since Friday, not a blip. Keep checking the logs but no breaks as far as I can tell. So I'm wondering whether whatever BT diagnostics have gone on or resets in the network, have cleared the problem. I've studiously not touched a thing at my end
So I'm cancelling the engineer call. Let's hope I'm right...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 29

I hope you are right to cancel - only time will tell

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Thanks -tricky call. Let's hope you don't hear from me for a while!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Looks like I spoke too soon.  After 10-12 days of fairly uninterrupted service, the problems are back.  Hub repeatedly losing the connection to Broadband/Internet - sometimes up for 20-30 minutes, sometimes repeatedly dropping after only a few minutes (from the Homehub diagnostics).  

The OpenReach engineer did come round 2 weeks ago (though I'd cancelled the call...) and was very helpful, as they usually have been once you get to them.  Checked the line out and found it OK if not perfect.  Concurred with the theory that there might have been some maintenance or upgrade work going on somewhere which had been causing the problems as nothing wrond with the in-house connections and network

So any suggestions for how I re-escalate this please?  Currently its at the quality where its hard to stay logged into the forum...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 29

if same problem back the can you recontact the mods possibly by replying to a previous email?

0 Ratings