cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captain666
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband updated to ADSL2+ don't think so

My line was upgraded to ADSL2+ on the 20th January.  Or so I've been told.  At that time my hub was showing it was connected at ADSL2 (ITU-T G.992.3).  I was told "give it the 10 day stabilisation period and the hub should update itself).  I've done that and guess what - still no change

Hub stats as per 5 mins ago

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.3
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.9 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)47.0 dB / 26.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm

I'm also still waiting on the BTFon team getting back to me with regards to not being able to reactivate BTFon on my hub since the firmware update in December (Firmware update has since been sent at least 3 times to my hub).  Thankfully I can still use any fon/openzone hotspot

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Morph
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband updated to ADSL2+ don't think so

hello.

what change were you expecting?>

a downstream attenuation will not give you better dl speeds, on adsl 2, compared with adsl 1

to see improvement going from adsl1, to 2, you need an attenuation of around 37-38 db max.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 6

Hi captain666

I can have a look and see what the sotry is if you would like.

Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your BT account and telephone number and a link back to this thread and I will be happy to help you out.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
captain666
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

mail sent

0 Ratings
viperman1978
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Move to a decent provider like ** or **... they offer far better speeds than BT.

I stayed with BT for another 12 months after they assured me 20mb+ was coming to my exchange soon... they told me last week It would be yet another 6 months!

I have moved to **  who can give me 16mb now. Instead of the crappy <2mb from BT.

And to think BT own the network too! They are keeping us Brits in the digital stone age!

0 Ratings
del8oy
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

i feel your pain mate,i was upgraded on the 19th jan and my speed stayed the same during the 10 day period,on friday my line profile dropped from 7000 to 4500 and has been there since.

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)9.9 dB / 27.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)30.7 dB / 13.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)26.6 dBm / 1.3 dBm

More Details
0 Ratings