Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Broadband upgrade confusion

Go to solution

I've just had an e-mail saying I've gone over my useage last month (20GB on option 1) so I have to pay an extra £10. Fine. Then it gives me the option to upgrade so, I want 40GB and Anytime calls, but it won't give me that, it gives 40GB and weekend calls for £18/month, so £2 extra or unlimited broadband and anytime calls for £28, or £12 extra, so I'd end up paying £2 more than sticking with how I am.

The really annoying thing is that they are offering infinity broadband free for three months or normal for £20/month for three months. Now I want infinitity, but it's not available in this area, so I'd end up paying the same (after the first three months) for something less.

Why don't BT just offer the components you need? Does anyone know of a better upgrade (because the website is driving me crazy with every link going back to the same page which doesn't answer my question) that'll give me 20GB+ & anytime calls without the 75% hike in fees? Or shall I just keep paying the £5 extra for the extra 10GB?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband upgrade confusion

Go to solution

try uk sales  08007830056  and see what you can negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi Suggest you phone BT's UK sales who have helped others 08007830056 and ask them to sort the package for you
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks both - I've called them and got Option 2 with weekend calls at +£2 per month plus anytime calls as an add-on at £4-70 per month, and getting 30 extra GB, which potentially saves up to £23-30 per month, or at my present useage saves £3-30 per month.

Thanks again for the number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
HI rosewood
Glad you have got a good result Please post any time if you need any further help or advice there is always someone around to help
0 Ratings