cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol4230
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Broadband upgrade from Deal525

I have made the serious mistake of signing up to the BT deal 525 for so called valued customers. Rather naively I did not realise that it was only 10Gb usage. I have tried to upgrade either by phone or online but I am then charged full price so losing the discount which was the only reason I signed up to the deal. 

According to the website I can transfer the discount as per below 

When you upgrade your BT Broadband - for example from Broadband to Unlimited Broadband extra - you transfer with it any discounts as well as the remaining months of your current contract.

The only exception to this is if the higher broadband option has a special offer or if you're moving from BT broadband to BT Infinity.

I have tried calling the number quoted in an earlier answer who told me again that they cannot transfer the discount as it is an 18 month contract. If I wish to cancel the contract it will cost me over £300

Not feeling a very valued customer at all at the moment! Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband upgrade from Deal525

Hi Carol4230,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are still having trouble upgrading please send us an email and we'll get back to you.

You can find our contact form by clicking on my username, it'll be under "About me".

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings