cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topcatovy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Broadband upload speed reducing and disconnecting while phoneline active

18:50:04, 23 Dec.( 307.700000) DSL noise margin: 16.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
18:50:04, 23 Dec.

( 307.630000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 2272 Kbps downstream

test results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.96 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.95 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.32Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

Past week my Upload speed has repeatedly dropped down to the 0.04 Mbps -> to solve this i restarted the router and got back my 0.45 Mbs

Howerver today the problem seems to have escalated. The above results are from me being plugged into the test socket using the usual bt filter, usualy it goes through a splitter faceplate so that its neat and tidy instead of having hanging filters. 

I removed the splitter faceplate and noticed that one of the connections the solid blue and white wire uses was loos and on further investigation this fell off. While i try to find my orignial faceplate I have (as said above) plugged it into the test socket via a free floating bt filter. Unfortuantly now it has a tendancy to go full on red flashing bt symbol and orange power light if someone stays on the phone for too long. 

Any ideas? 

Edit: Apologies more details -> bt home hub 4, 5km away from the exchange so i know my speed is going to suck genraly but not dow to 0.04 -> apparently my exchange is due for upgrade to fiber the end of the month so im hoping i can upgrade to that (I beleive im 1km away from my cabinate)

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband upload speed reducing and disconnecting while phoneline active

You need to post btspeedtester diagnostic results when you are having the problem

if your exchnage has not been upgraded then you are talking months before the street cabinets are upgraded

enter your phone number and post the results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Topcatovy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Ta, yer i thought id be a while before the cabinates got upgraded

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number DELETED on Exchange DELETED is served by DELETED

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 1Up to 0.51 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Unfortunately there is no FTTC showing on the checker which suggests your cabinet is not part of the current rollout. Try looking at BDUK website and see if anything there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Topcatovy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Will do,

Any ideas about the phone cutting out the broadband?

Ta
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Does your phone work in the test socket at all?

0 Ratings
Topcatovy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Yeppo all plugged into the test socket working fine, Im loath to try again as it hits the router with a nerf bat but if a telephone call lasts longer than like 15 sec it goes straight to red broadband light flashing orange power light

ill try again in a couple hours ringing it from my phone and see if it loses connection again

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Just post back when you can

0 Ratings
Topcatovy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

righto 20 sec call and it didnt drop this time,

back onto the drop in upload speed to about 0.04 (its currently back at 0.4) would a loose number 2 B wire cause this?

Thanks yet again
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Yes. The main connections are on terminals 2&5 and the rest are not normally required and in fact yiu should remove the bellwire from terminal 3 in all sockets 

bellwire removal

0 Ratings