cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylst
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband usage analysis

The BT usage stats (total GB up/down) are all well and good, but I would like to see how much of my bandwidth is getting spent on various traffic types.

For example, basic surfing (HTTP/HTTPS), streaming, teleworking over VPN, etc.

I would expect that BT would have some sort of stats on the types of IP traffic I am sending (amount per TCP port, for example).

I want to get the total overall usage over my ADSL line, regarldess of which device is using it (we have a couple of laptops and other networked devices chatting through the router).

I am using my own Netgear router (not the BT Home Hub). It is still in its box because I didn't want the hassle of changing over when I jumped ship from my previous broadband provider (PlusNet) to BT.

Does anyone know whether BT can supply this information. My router does not capture those metrics, only the total # of bytes up/down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

(By the way, I don't have

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband usage analysis

as far as I am aware BT do not supply that information - it has taken until beginning of October this year just to get BT to provide a usage monitor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband usage analysis

Those types of web metrics are expensive to supply ....

I don't doubt BT are capable of supplying them ...

I do doubt anybody would pay for it ....   Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings