cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bestir
Message 1 of 3

Broadband usage limits

I have printed off my Recent Data Usage to date showing 0.36GB remaining @ 7.45 Sat 1 October. I am on a 10 MB monthly limit. The counter does not seem to have reset. As a new customer should I understand that the reset counter is simply as slow as the rest of BT broadband or that there is actualy a problem and that somehow over night my switched off computer has used over 9MB? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband usage limits

Hi the counter resets at midnight each night showing that days usage
Howe ever to show the usage of the last day of the month that day is shown on the first of each month as the 1st of the moths usage is not complete until 2359 on that day Simplyput it show your usage a day in arrears. not in real time
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband usage limits

@Bestir wrote:

@I have printed off my Recent Data Usage to date showing 0.36GB remaining @ 7.45 Sat 1 October. I am on a 10 MB monthly limit. The counter does not seem to have reset. As a new customer should I understand that the reset counter is simply as slow as the rest of BT broadband or that there is actualy a problem and that somehow over night my switched off computer has used over 9MB? 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Have another quick look at the usage meter, and you will see that on the left it will quote the date/time of the update - and typically sometime after 7am each day it will show the monthly usage "up to" the date quoated. Hence on 1st of each month it will show the usage for the whole of the previous month, and therefore will also show any remaining usage (which is not relevant on the last day).

The usage meter is not real time.

0 Ratings