cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband usage monitor (again)

Having looked at previous tales of woe regarding the lack of a working broadband usage monitor I reluctantly contacted BT via the phone. I explained that I get the "usage monitor unavailable blah blah blah" message and was put on hold whilst they confirmed what I was telling them. After being messed about for the best part of an hour and re-telling the same story to 3 separate people I was no nearer to getting a functioning monitor. I was told that their "tech team" would look into it and get back to me. 2 days later I get a call and had to go over the same process whilst they try and figure out why I'm having a problem. They helpfully tell me they can inform me of my current usage from their end which is not the issue. Still no resolution. So I thought I'd try the online chat to see if they could react any better (I must admit I was having trouble understanding what they were saying during the phone calls and had to ask them to repeat things a number of times). This time I went through the same old thing with various people passing me about and asking the same questions but this time online. Did they resolve it? in a word NO. Am I any nearer to getting it fixed? havn't a clue. Am I impressed? What do you think!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband usage monitor (again)

this problem affects small groups of users from time to time and has happened for a few years now it normally resolves is self given time and in the pasat no excess usage charges have been made
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

So can anyone confirm that whilst I have no monitor available I effectively have unlimited usage? It will be interesting if and when they ever fix it that the arguments start over usage as I am not willing to check repeatedly to see if the problem has been cleared. Do I get some form of communication to say it has been fixed? During the discussion both on the phone and online it was implied that they will fix it, but they don't know how or when and that I should be happy with that situation as they were now aware of the problem. As I have no evidence that the discussions took place (just a phone call and online chat) I suspect issues if I surpass my limit and I'm not aware a fix has been applied. I would have expected at least a job/fault number to have been raised and communicated to me in order to track progress.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

no you will not be told when it is fixed

you are able to keep copies of any live chat
0 Ratings